Teach 313 Campus Intern (Multiple Positions)
- Office Location: Your Respective Campus/Remote
- Employee Category: Intern
- Time: 5-10 hours per week
- Positions Hiring: 10 (1 in each campus)
- Start Date: March 1, 2020
- Compensation: Minimum Wage in Your Respective State
DescriptionTeach 313 Campus Interns will work on campuses across the country in partnership with the greater Teach 313 team based in Detroit to build awareness, inspire, recruit, and matriculate teachers to the Motor City—Detroit, Michigan. Interns will develop and execute strategic plans to ensure our country’s most compelling, passionate, and qualified certified teachers are, ultimately, applying to teach in Detroit via our Teach 313 Common Application; interviewing with our Teach 313 school partners; accepting offers to teach in Detroit; and becoming teachers in Detroit schools long-term. Through building general awareness; engaging with students, community members, faculty, staff, and additional key stakeholders; hosting events; and serving as a strong and positive steward of teaching in Detroit, Teach 313 Campus Interns will help bring in 100 teachers in Detroit for the 2020-2021 academic school year (and beyond). It is critical that our Teach 313 Campus Interns are passionate and eager to adopt Teach 313’s brand as your own; speak to your peers and stakeholders in any capacity possible to inform them about teaching in Detroit; have the time necessary and prioritize the time to be excellent in this role. This is also a prime opportunity for those interested in teaching in Detroit. To view the full job description and to learn more about Strategic Community Partners and Teach313 click here.
- Meet recruitment goals for respective campus set by Teach 313 Manager
- Weekly Campus Intern Meetings (Video Conference Call) with Teach 313 team in Detroit
- Researching, outreach, networking, and building relationships with graduating certified teachers; student organizations; faculty and staff
- Schedule and execute info sessions with student organizations and classes
- Regularly collecting and entering data that ensure 100 certified teachers from across the country come to teach in Detroit via Teach 313
- Manage and execute high-visibility marketing and awareness campaigns to ensure Teach 313 has a strong and positive brand on campus—specifically surrounding College or School of Education—which will include sending effective and appropriate email communication; posting on social; hanging posters and flyers; tabling in high-traffic College or School of Educations areas; securing media coverage in campus publications and websites
- Identifying and reaching out to diverse, top graduating College or School of Education students
- Must currently be attending college or university at the campus where recruitment is taking place.
- Should be graduating in the 2020 or 2021 school year
What campuses are we recruiting for this position at?
- Howard University – Washington DC
- Hampton University – Hampton, VA
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University – Tallahassee, FL
- Xavier University of Louisiana – New Orleans, LA
- North Carolina A & T State University – Greensboro, NC
- Bowling Green State University – Bowling Green, OH
- Ball State University – Muncie, IN
- Michigan State University – East Lansing, MI
- University of Wisconsin-Madison – Madison, WI
- Ohio State University – Columbus, OH
How to ApplyThank you for considering Teach 313 as your next internship opportunity to lead mission-driven work in ensuring we are recruiting and retaining great teachers for the city of Detroit.
To apply for the Teach 313 Campus Intern position, send the following materials to email@example.com by March 5, 2020 (if you are applying via your campus job board or Handshake, provide this information via your application there).
Please make the subject line of your email: “First Name, Last Name, Campus Name, Teach 313 Intern Application”
- Your resume in PDF format
- A digital copy of your transcript
- Answers to these two questions:
- Why are you passionate about education?
- What are four organizations/student groups that are specific to your campus that you would want to reach out to set up info sessions for Teach 313? Provide specific names and links to websites/Facebook Groups of the organizations/student groups and why you think they’d be a good fit.
Note: please only apply if you are currently a student at one of the above-mentioned colleges/universities.